Schrift:
deutsch polnisch






Wir arbeiten für die Region mit freundlicher Unterstützung der Städtischen Werke Guben GmbH

Veranstaltungen

Sitzung des Wahlausschusses zur Feststellung des BM-Wahlergebnisses, Sitzungssaal (Raum 236) [24.04.2018]
Guben-Talk: Jens Weißflog [25.04.2018]
Schüler präsentieren Programm für Jugend musiziert [25.04.2018]
Offener Tanzkreis für Frauen [25.04.2018]
Die Ladiner Konzert [27.04.2018]





 



 


Das Projekt wir aus den Mitteln des Europäischen Fonds für Regionale Entwicklung im Rahmen des Operationellen Programms der grenzübergreifenden Zusammenarbeit Polen (Wojwodschaft Lubuskie)-Brandenburg 2007-2013, Small Projekt Fund und Netzwerkprojektefonds der Euroregion Spree-Neiße-Bober, kofinanziert. „Grenzen überwinden durch gemeinsame Investition in die Zukunft.“

Sie befinden sich hier: Guben - Gubin > Worth seeing > Guben - Friedrich-Wilke-Place

Gubin - Town fortification

Some single fragments of the former medieval town Guben are preserved on the side of Gubin. Gates, doors and towers were built for the defence of the town and its citizens. These gates can be seen today as symbols on Guben’s and Gubin’s municipal coat of arms. The so-called Thick Tower (of the Werder Gate) is the only still existing fortification tower and can be visited as well as single parts of the city wall from the   15th and 16th centuries. One part of the former city wall was added by the forwarder Wilhelm Wilke in about 1900 as a decoration and to recall old traditions. Next to the Werder Tower there is the museum chamber offering more than 1000 exhibits on the history of Lower Lusatia. One of them is the wooden face of the clock which was installed at the Werder Tower in 1657. On the initiative of the association “Friends of the Gubin Land”, two clocks have been installed according to the historical original, one on he northern and one on the southern side of the Tower.

 


 

MUT - Marketing und Tourismus Guben e.V. | Impressum