deutsch englisch polnisch

Guben - Friedrich-Wilke-Place

The Friedrich-Wilke-Platz at the Triangle forms the central point of the new Guben city centre. C.G. Wilke’s hat factory, which started production in 1862, was a workshop until the 1990s. After the end of hat production there was no use for  the building. After comprehensive reconstruction and restoration activities, the former workshops are now the home for the Guben Town  Hall, the town library, the Town and Industry Museum as well as the town’s music school. The “Old Dye Works” of the former hat factory with its  three hoods is a landmark and serves as a multifunctional hall which has developed into a popular location for different events. On the square  in front of the town hall, each citizen of the town can carve their name on single clinker bricks. Additionally, the town dedicates each newlyborn a brick as a welcome gift.
 


Guben - Cloister Church

The name of the church originates from a Benedictine cloister founded in the beginning of the...

Guben - Church of the Good Shepherd

The church built in 1903 in the Art Nouveau Style was planned by the well-known Berlin Architects...

Gubin - Theatre Island

The Polish island is located between the towns Guben and Gubin in the Neisse river and can be...

Gubin - Town and Main Church

One of the most impressive buildings of Gubin is the Guben Town and Main Church. The first...

Gubin - culture centre

East of the Church there is the former Guben town hall. As early as in the 13th century the town...

Gubin - Villa Wolf

In 1927, the Guben cloth factory owner Erich Wolf had an innovative residence built in the Guben...

Gubin - Town fortification

Some single fragments of the former medieval town Guben are preserved on the side of Gubin....