Peace Church Guben
A marvel of construction from 1886 is the Guben Peace Church. In February 1886, master baker Ewald Wichers purchased a piece of farmland from Friedrich Wilke, located not far from the Neisse dam. Construction began in April, and the church was consecrated on October 3. The church was built in the neo-Gothic Victorian style, typical of the economically oriented movement from England. The brick building was later supplemented with a sacristy and features special details such as sandstone pillars, small towers, three large stained-glass windows by artist Werner Juza from 1983, the painting of the Good Shepherd by historical painter Paul Thumann, and the organ made by Guben organ builder Waldow from 1899. In 1994, the church was sold to the Evangelical Free Church community. The church has new rooms, heating, and a baptismal font in the floor. Since then, the church has been named 'Peace Church.' The name is meant to signify peace with God and harmonious coexistence in the region.
Opening times
Die Öffnungszeiten entnehmen Sie bitte der Webseite des Anbieters.
Ihr Browser wird zur Darstellung von Google Maps nicht mehr unterstützt.