Some fragments of the former medieval town of Guben are still standing on the Gubin side of the border. Town walls, gates and towers protected the town and its citizens. To this day the gates can still be found as a symbol on both Guben and Gubin’s town coats of arms. The so-called Fat Tower (on the holm gate) is the only remaining defensive tower and can be viewed alongside individual remnants of the town walls from the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries in Gubin. One part of the former town walls was expanded as an ornament as well as to recall old tradition in 1900 by transport entrepreneur Wilhelm Wilke. Alongside the holm tower there is also the museum chamber featuring over 1000 exhibits covering the history of the Niederlausitz area. The objects on display include the wooden dial from the tower clock installed on the holm tower in 1657. The association “Friends of the Gubin Area” commissioned the installation of two clocks faithful to the historical style, one on the north side and another on the south side of the tower.
Die Öffnungszeiten entnehmen Sie bitte der Webseite des Anbieters.
Diese Karte kann nicht von Google Maps geladen werden, da Sie in den Datenschutz- und Cookie-Einstellungen externen Inhalten nicht zugestimmt haben.