Guben und Gubin — in einer Stadt zwei Länder entdecken
Kirche des Guten Hirten Church
This art-nouveau church from 1903 was designed by the renowned architecture practice Spalding und Grenander in Berlin. It is the place of worship for the Evangelical Lutheran parish, formed in 1836 when a few craftsmen would meet for Lutheran church services. The master hat-maker Carl Gottlob Wilke belonged to the parish, and his son, Friedrich Wilke, donated the renovation of the church to the parish. The three windows from the former Wilke family box, the brass fittings on the altar and pulpit, and the church’s chandeliers and wall lamps are worth noting in particular. The church was extensively renovated in the 1980s and its altar area was fitted with colourful glass windows that are now its visual highlight. The art-nouveau church is very close by the historic clinker gatehouse, once part of the Wilke villa, which was mostly destroyed in the war in 1945 and later removed. The original villa was an upper-class estate that reflected the prominent role that the Wilke family of industrialists played in Guben.
Die Öffnungszeiten entnehmen Sie bitte der Webseite des Anbieters.
Diese Karte kann nicht von Google Maps geladen werden, da Sie in den Datenschutz- und Cookie-Einstellungen externen Inhalten nicht zugestimmt haben.